Monday, November 29, 2010

It's time to make mistake..

I just realized today that I have wasted my supervisor's money (about rm1000) just because of a very stupid mistake that I did to my experiment! oh my gosh! How silly I am! The kit's price was about rm2000 and half of it was wasted because I forgot to add 0.5 microliter of inducer into the reaction! (if you don't understand what I mean, the point is because of only 0.5 microliter inducer that I forgot to add, the experiment was a rubbish. If you have no idea how much the microliter is, it's a very tiny drop of water). But, luckily the particular work is not actually in my research scope. huhu.. I haven't told anyone, never, except my housemates. So to my labmates, if you guys read this, please pretend that you never know about this ok..hehe..

So, for me, research (or generally studying) is all about doing mistakes and learn from it. Am I saying this to comfort myself from this guilty feeling? hehe..kind of..but actually, it's true, isn't it? Say a baby learning to walk. He will never walk if he didn't fall at his first step. You won't get stronger if you never fail. We were always told to not fail because people will look down on you. But believe me that sometimes failure can be the best teacher. If you recall, Thomas Alva Edison took 10,000 trials before he could make a long lasting light bulb that we're having now. Instead of admitting to having failed so many times, he said, "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways how not to make a lightbulb." So, don't afraid to make mistake but analyze the failure, make a change and then try again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri