Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I hate pills

When you start feeling the world is spinning and you walk like a drunker cause you can't feel your feet touching the floor, when your stomach makes funny noise like a growling sound but your tongue just can't accept any incoming food as it tastes them all bitter, and spending most of your time in a blanket seems like the only way could lead you to the heaven, then only you will be grateful for your health. Yesterday, I was tested. I had a strong fever which I haven't had for quite a long time. And been sick like that, I would just miss my mom so much. I felt like crying when I have to fight this sickness alone without having mom beside whose will always checking on my temperature and dab wet towel on my forehead. But then, it was just the miracle of mom's instinct, she called me. She might have some feeling that I was not feeling well. And yes, talking with her was always the best remedy (at least internally cured).

I hate pills. If you know me well you'll notice that. So I slept at least 15 hours, and skipped dinner (before that I just ate a plate of breakfast) hoping that my antibody would be strong enough to fight those bad bacteria or viruses. Plus the fact that our body will recover faster if we don't eat when sick because all our body's energy will go focusing on immune system to fight the antigens, so I thought I'll recover as soon as I woke up tomorrow morning (still refusing on taking pills). Unfortunately, I still felt the world was spinning though my temperature has reduced. There's no way I can go to the lab like this or else I would end up breaking the shake flasks. Thus, I have to now surrender to the drugs to continue the fighting. And for an "anti-pills person" like me, just one tablet of paracetamol plus some more sleep can be the most powerful grenade to win the battle.

I hate pills for reasons, first you know drugs are the number 1 killer of human. Second, my body is exposed long enough (8 hours a day, tell me is it long or short) with hazardous chemicals in the lab till I can't feel like they're toxic anymore because every day I play like "masak masak" with all those poisons and third, yeah, they comes in colorful and attractive shapes but off course none of them taste like strawberry. That's why I'm avoiding pills, unless for certain cases (in this case, I have the first stage evaluation for PhD this Thursday, so I need help from Mr Pills).


Pills, although you come in pink, you'll still be my nightmare..

p/s: appreciation comes only after the gift was taken back..alhamdulillah..

2 comments:

k.lactis said...

i hate pills too.. im only take the pills when i have problem with my back n muscles to ease the pain. beside, why is it called a painkiller if it can't kill the pain, right ;) ..But if im having a fever, or flu..i rather eat yogurt. My theory is that the amount of our GOOD bacteria inside our body (n not to forget in our tongue) is depleted, which allows the bad bacteria to takeover. thus, reduce the activity our immune system. Yeah, although this theory probably more related to the intestinal tract, but i went to a seminar, and 1 researcher told us about the beneficial bacteria in our tongue that helps to fight harmful bacteria. And i do believe it..hhehe.. So there. You don't have to take pills all the time. Find other alternative.

hasmaLiana said...

it works for me too, but slower than pill of course. kalau xde presentation khamis ni mmg sy xmakan ubat..hehe..plus, xlarat la pulak nak keluar beli yogurt..hehe :)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri