Sunday, March 20, 2011

The shortest March

One thing about me that annoys myself too, I 'LOVE' doing things at last minute. And the consequence is I have to stay awake all night, maybe get sleep for 2 to 3 hours only, and wake up with the big dark circles around my eyes. Actually, I didn't have even a seconds to check that dark circles up, I just realized it last night when I wore hijab to go out to my supervisor's house. I was a little bit shocked, and tried to cover it with some foundation so that it didn't seem too obvious I wrote the proposal all night. Hope my supervisor didn't notice that. Oh, you might wonder, meet supervisor at night? Yeah, you are not mistaken. It was 11 pm and he's only available at that time. He's just coming back from Perak and the next morning he'll depart to Bangkok. So, we sat for that valuable 2 hours discussing about my proposal. Then I was like thinking, doesn't he know what 'tired' means? Because I couldn't feel my feet anymore after doing the proposal straight from Friday to Saturday but it just only 2 days.

The proposal is for my PhD evaluation. And if I didn't do it my best, there's a chance that I might be downgraded to master. Who wants that? A big NO! The actual date for the proposal submission is on 25th but I have to submit earlier because my flight will be on 2nd of April. 2nd of April is too soon. I have too many unsettled things here. With the evaluation, the advance allowance, visa and 'course I want to spend some time with my family before going and never come back for 6 months (plus celebrate raya there). I feel this is the shortest month in my life. I couldn't even remember the passed days of March and finally there are only few days left to the end of it.

I can say that last week was the toughest for me. Emotionally unstable, with a rush to catch as much as lab works as possible that can be done here and unfortunately, the lab didn't cooperate with me. Maybe he wants me to stay longer or he don't want me to go. If I can talk to him, I'll kneel and beg. Then, I have to confront the so unprofessional staff at the Research Management Centre. Huh.. They never failed to piss me off! Not only me, but anyone who deals with them will say the same. Don't you have a heart to let people down when you're talking like that? Do you feel so satisfy to see people angry with you? What's wrong with giving a smile and try to simplify other people's work rather than talking impolitely and if possible to put all the blame on us? Aren't you realized that you're working at customer service where you need to entertain the customer? Do you know that I feel like crying after seeing you. That shows how good you are in making people sad and feel humiliated. Actually, I really don't want to waste my time thinking about people like that. There are many other important things to think of. And I promise that one day I'll report to the vice chancellor and I'll cheer louder than other people if you get fired. haha..


p/s: I really hope that April 2 is not the date.

2 comments:

~anis said...

ops.. tersalah komen kat post yg salah.. hehehe

hasmaLiana said...

komen apa?

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri