Sunday, March 6, 2011

Waterfall barbeque

Yesterday, me and my lab mates went to waterfall at Gunung Ledang. We were having barbeque and playing and 'course shooting. That was fun! As an organizer (yeah, me, organizer), I felt super tired but I experienced great satisfaction cause after it had been planned for months ago, it's finally happened. Actually we're planning to have beach barbeque party but since we had have barbeque at Desaru last year, plus they said the sea water is muddy during this season, so finally we decided to have barbeque in the jungle beside the waterfall. Yet, there's still off course some complications. Like some which at first was very excited to go, but suddenly decided not to join for no reason, some didn't get permission from husband and some has to cancel at last minute. So, out of 13, only 10 persons could join the barbeque. It's ok K.Aizi and K.Atul, next time we'll arrange another vacation, more fascinating event, InsyaAllah :)


So, I decided that we began our journey as early as 7 in the morning. However, I'm so sorry guys that I couldn't get up early that morning as the result of staying up late at the night, preparing the food and marinating chicken. Actually, my head was messed up with things at the lab (I finished lab works at 7pm, but the results were crap again!!) and with that in mind I couldn't think straight. I over-cooked rice (I cook for 20 persons instead of 10) and I couldn't find 3 chickens cause it's already 10pm and most shops were out of stocks! I started to worry, and imagine what would happen with barbeque without chicken? And finally I could find it at the third shop (and they were the last stock that left, fuh!thank God!). So, I slept at 2pm after preparing all the foods. Consequently, we departed at 8am. That was the story. Really sorry to the 3 guys that woke up early and didn't have time to make up just to catch the time. Sorry sorry sorry :(


Along the way, I recovered my sleep to keep the stamina for climbing later. hehe.. We arrived at Gunung Ledang around 11am. We had to climb hundreds upon hundreds up stairs to get to the beautiful spot. If I'm not mistaken it took half an hour to reach the place (I don't really check the time because all I thought was when we could stop climbing!). With so many things to be brought along, I reckon we had lost thousands of calories.


We're sweating to death, yet I felt so fresh and I enjoyed it very much. The smells of nature and the sounds of jungle's creatures never fail to make me calm and peaceful. We stopped once at a hut to take a breath before continue the journey.


Then, we climbed again until we found second hut and we can't go higher anymore (cause already out of fuel). One of us checked up the higher spot which we could see more beautiful waterfall scenery but there's too many people there. So, we decided to stay where we were. Now the challenge was we have to go down the slope to get to the water. So we lined up along the slope and passed up the things that we brought. Problem solved! :)


The spot was quite strategic and private for having a barbeque. When we arrived, there was a couple but then we didn't even realize when they have gone, so the place was ours. Now, the task was to start the fire. It's quite challenging, we took quite a while to make the embers.


Then we started to grill the chicken. And I learned how to control the embers so that they won't produce fire. Initially, there's several moments where the fire's so big that it could burn out the chicken. However we managed to control it. From that I could learn a lesson, the fire can be similar to an anger. We can stop the fire as well as we can stop feeling angry to people when we know how to handle and control it. See, not just for having fun, this vacation can make us learn lots of things, if we use our precious brain to think wisely :)


After that, we filled up the lost energy, but unfortunately my fried rice that I prepared whole-heartedly last night had spoiled. At this moment I felt like I HATE YOU MICROBES! WHY YOU'RE EVER EXIST IN THIS WORLD!! But I can't blame them. They have to eat for live and without them I won't get my PhD. It's actually my own fault of wrong handling and storage. Therefore, all rice went to microbe's carbon source. I could imagine that they were having a real big family dinner tonight. Huh!


Then, we swam and played in the water. The water's sooo cooool! We're really having fun and it was all worth it to be sweating along the way up here! Enjoy the pictures :)






p/s: I love the nature, I love forest, I love trees and I love waterfall!

2 comments:

Izawati Che Rashid said...

Time flies, and yeah we are gonna miss you! Sob3.

hasmaLiana said...

I'm gonna miss all of you more :'(

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri