Thursday, November 15, 2012

A kind of stranger

Last night my room mate stuck in the middle of a busy highway cause her car engine suddenly dead. And it was around 10 pm. Thank god she got a chance to pull over. So thought the engine oil was run out, she asked me to bring the engine oil.  And for the first time I drove alone on the highway (for your records, i'm suck in memorizing road and reading maps). I'm grateful that her location quite straight forward so I reached her without any difficulties. Unfortunately, topping up the engine oil didn't do any difference. We had no idea what to do. The traffic was so fast, like they were driving in the light speed which make stuck up a hand was most impossible. And we were actually in a dark area in front of a Hindu temple. There were some cars came out of the small road beside the temple but they just stared and went away. I was really hoping that someone would be gentlemen enough to stop and ask what happened. Realizing that it was impossible, we decided to seek a farther help.

So we went to the gas station to buy some petrol but we didn't bring a bottle. So my room mate bought a 1.5 liter mineral water and we both trying so hard to drink it all to empty the bottle. It was so funny, I drank a lot that I need to pee. And I guess people were staring weirdly at us. haha.. Then we went to the store to find a jumper, just in case the engine didn't start because of the battery. But sadly, the jumper is only for Bonus Link redemption. I thought we said it clearly that we needed it so bad, but they seem didn't take it seriously. Then we went to a workshop that were half closed, we told the owner our story, but all we got was just a hurting word, 'sorry we already closed, come back tomorrow'. Again we were both stunned. What's wrong with these people. Wasn't it obvious that we are ladies, stuck in the middle of the night, seeking for help.

Then we continued to find the jumper but almost all gas station's shops didn't have it. Finally, at the last shop when we decided to give up, there was a worker that I would like to call him wise of all people we met that night. Though he didn't have the jumper, at least he showed an effort to help. There was a man that overheard our conversation I guess, interrupted us. He said he will bring the jumper because he left it at home and he asked us to wait. Alhamdulillah, god heard us. After a while he came back and helped us to start the engine. He didn't take the money my room mate handed him for a thanks and we didn't even know his name. But what we know he has a very good heart. And I will not hesitate to say that this people is one in a million. Not only he had helped us with the car, but he had also taught us a bigger lesson. Be kind and helpful to people although we don't know who they are. Because there will be one time when we need other's help badly. I hope that I am one of those who are willing to help unconditionally. InsyaAllah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri