Thursday, July 14, 2011

Australia

It's been a while since my last post in here. Lots of things came up for the last few weeks. My life have been so hassle and everything just happened so quickly. And now, I can't even believe myself that at this moment, as I write this, I'm here in Australia! I feel like I'm dreaming. What? Aussie? Am I really here? yeah.. I'm here..

So, what had happened last week, I got a phone call telling that the 16th airplane ticket was sold out. We have only 2 choices, whether to board earlier which on 12th or later which on 25th. Then my supervisor encouraged me to go on the 12th. What? I was told on 7th and I have to board the plane in the next 5 days? First thing to do is cry! Oh crap, how am I gonna face this. I'm not ready yet. I just have 5 days to settle everything. You know at that moment, I'm so grateful that I have friends that couldn't be more understanding. They helped me out as much as they could. I owe my roomate, kak tim, who has been spending all day accompanying me to make the travellers cheque, though she's so tired and at the end of the day the mission was not accomplished. I owe Nuar for driving me to uptown to buy winter jackets. And I owe my best friend Fizah for helping me sending my samples to Monash University, I know that's the biggest help of all and I owe you the biggest. Thanks to my lab mates for helping Fizah with the courier process. I don't know how to thank all of you. I love you all!

On 9th, I packed, I put just everything in the bag cause I have no time actually to think about the weight. Then, the night I boarded plane to hometown, my bag was overweight, 10kg than allowed. And I have to pay RM300 for that! WHAT! Oh my god, that was the first time ever happened. My head have been so messy and I'm tired and I want all of this to end. I have no idea, and I just paid it. That was a really big waste, but I don't want to think about it anymore. At least I have my friends at that time, Kak Iza, Kak Atul, Kak Tim, Kak Faiz, Fizah and Laura that sent me to the airport. Thank you guys, you made me forgot about the wasted money on the bags.

So, Australia. Can't say more about it yet. I'm in the middle of adapting to the culture, people and off course weather. One thing I can say, it's COOOLD! I'll be freezing to death if there's no heater in this room. And I'm so grateful that I met Kak Naz, whose allowing us to stay in her house which is very perfect! I have no idea how we're gonna find a room if we didn't meet you. And it's so fun to have your adorable 2 years old daughter around the house, she's darn cute!

It's a long first entry in Australia I guest. haha. So guys, who read my post, please pray for me. Hope everything's going well here, especially my lab works. Little bit nervous to think of my new supervisor which is very very strict person. huhu. As my supervisor said, I'm coming here as representative to mosti and MGI, so it is very important to show the best first good impression to them and I know that is the biggest responsibility that I ever take in my life. And I will try my best, insyaAllah. So, photos are coming soon in the next entry :)

2 comments:

Izawati Che Rashid said...

We love you too! Wish you all the best in your research, make full use of their facilities okay. Ktorg doakan awak dgn Kak Bulat dekat sana baik2 je..sihat and enjoy. Tangkap gmbr byk2 tau! :-)

Azura said...

First thing to do is to cry? Ehehe. Good decision. Nway, good luck yaw! U can do it! Kemon....

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri