Friday, December 31, 2010

The road not taken



The road not taken


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert frost-


In this journey, I observe so many different things along my way. I meet different people; some smile and greet me, thus becoming my travel partner, some used to travel together with me but then they have to choose different road, one had reached destination and end up the journey earlier, some just come and go, and some promise to stay with me till the end of this journey. I can't be more grateful that I've met such wonderful people and sharing wonderful moments. They are family, friends and special friend to me that once coming into my life, they will never be erased from this memory.

Back then in 2010, I have made the most biggest decision in my life, to choose which roads to be traveled next when I found they diverged in the middle. One seemed to lead to a very beautiful place with so many people took it, but the less traveled one was surrounded with bushes and thorns. It was the most difficult moment in my life. Knowing the fact that once I have chosen a road, I can't go back to square one, turn around and choose the other road. Finally, I can't believe myself that I have decided to take the less traveled road. People make crazy decision sometimes, but I knew that I will never regret my decision. Because I do believe that each roads have their own obstacles. They may showered with flowers and sunlight at the beginning but as we travel along it, it's only the matter of time when we will meet the rain and storm. So, I have decided to continue my study and no matter what it takes I will break a leg to hold a PhD. I can't deny that sometimes I keep questioning myself why am I choosing this way because I haven't seen any lights. However, I have a strong faith that it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, InsyaAllah.

So, now I take a deep breath and walk through the door of another new chapter, with butterflies in my stomach, wondering will this new year bring me more laughs, loves and wonderful people?Will it showered with sunlight and rainbow or will it still be storm and thunder?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2035 A WALK TO REMEMBER
Theme by Yusuf Fikri